Monday, February 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Soap

Well, it is about time I had a success after last week's soaping escapades.  I think the fragrance oil played into one of them being mushy because the other two are getting hard.  Really don't understand any of it, I'm just supposing.

A few day's ago I did Catherine's hp soap that she posted the tutorial for last week.  I love this soap.  I colored it green for St. Patrick's Day and chopped up three bars and with the end pieces I made soap balls.  After watching Marie on Tati Soap I knew I wanted to make a soap with chopped up pieces.  I've watch Holly do this too but I didn't want to spend all that time making different colors.  Holly has way more patience than I do.  

I used Catherine's tallow recipe which I absolutely love.  I've tweeked it with a little bit of palm kernel.  I added parsley powder for interest and, of course, I always add clay to my soaps.  Sometimes I add a bit of cream like Holly does but this time I didn't because I didn't want to take a chance of it being soft like last week's soap.  

So here it is.....tah dah!!  I'm so proud!




I did manage to upload a video to YouTube on the cutting of this soap.  My channel is CharityKnitter.  Don't know how to link it to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment