Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Year Anniversary

Next month will be one year since I started making soap.  I can really tell how much I have improved when I look back at some of my earlier soaps.  They were good soaps but just not as pretty and they didn't have all the good ingredients that I add now.

This is Juniper Jasmine.  The fragrance oil does accelerate but since I know that, I worked quickly and did a simple swirl.  I love the smell of this fragrance oil so it is worth the bother.  I put jasmine flowers and juniper berries on top.  You may not be able to see the purple swirled with the blue in the pic but it is there.  I left the base the natural color.  This is a sunflower oil recipe.




I call this soap Magic Carpet Ride because the colors remind me of that.  The base has no added color.  The color you are seeing is from Rhassoul clay.  It gives an earthy look to the soap.  These colors  in the swirls are deep enough that they fade on a light-colored washcloth but I really like the effect so I will have to live with that.  This could be called "ole hippy soap" because, for whatever reason, that's what came to mind when I was trying to name it.




I'm loving this hanger swirl technique.  It is easy, quick and effective.  I put calendula  petals on top.  The fragrance is patchouli, lavender and rosemary.  I know these essential oils do not fit the colors but I didn't plan it.  This soap sorta evolved but I like it.  I think it turned out very pretty and it bubbles like crazy and is so nourishing for the skin because this recipe is tallow and lard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment