Monday, October 14, 2013

70th Birthday Rose Petal Soap

I tried to match the pink in the soap to the rose petals but I couldn't be father off if I tried.  I will be making this one again since I have plenty of petals left.  Melissa, my youngest daughter, send me roses on my 70th birthday and when they wilted I saved all the petals.  How did I get to be 70?  The last time I checked I was still young.  Not really, but the years do go by faster than you can imagine.

This soap has all the normal good stuff inside that I always use plus hemp milk.  I'm on a hemp milk kick and I'm loving how it makes the soap feel on my skin.  The only place I've found it for sale is Whole Foods.  We have only one of those markets that I know of so I froze a lot of the hemp milk because I knew I couldn't use it all before it would go bad.  I'm supposing that it will freeze fine to use in soap but I don't know until I try.

I did a spoon swirl on this batch because I wanted thicker lines.  I've got to get my husband to make me a hanger to fit my silicone mold so I can do hanger swirls in them.....that's my favorite technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment