Monday, March 4, 2013

Vanilla Bean Beer Soap

Last night I made another beer soap so I could use the PVC pipe that my husband made for me.  I will take a pic and add it later.  It worked great.  My soap jelled and that is what I was after since the Pringle can only worked in the middle and the 12 round layer mold didn't let my soap jell at all.

This soap is the same recipe as the last except that I did not add any beeswax and instead I added vanilla bean powder and oatmeal for exfoliation.  I'm sure the mixture of vanilla and chocolate nut brownie fragrance oil will turn a dark brown but that is fine.  It looks pretty with the tiny flecks of vanilla bean showing in the soap. 

I'm expecting my order from Soaper's Choice to get here today with my shea butter and other oils I ordered.  I want to make another batch of soap from my Christmas book.  The first one I tried turned out wonderful.  I love the texture.  (The lavender and patchouli.)Also I want to make another sunflower oil soap like my Creame Brulle that finally got hard and smells so good you could keep your nose stuck to it forever.

I'm really enjoying the essential oil soaps that I've made recently and I've been reading an Ebook about essentials oils and the benefits they give us.  It is very interesting.

So there you have it on this first Monday in March 2013. 




No comments:

Post a Comment